Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fun In The Sun

Since the friend I usually carpool to church with had some personal business to attend to this weekend, I decided to opt for a lazy stay-at-home Sunday today.

Well, not totally lazy.  I started by hitting some cardio at the gym, doing half an hour on the recumbent bike.  That went well, though it always works up quite a sweat.  After that, it was back home, with the day already growing hot.  Still, I went out to run some water to the trees, and thus the door was opened for some outside-time for the kitties.

As we can see, Khan wisely sought out some nice shade:


Ahh, nice and cool here under the baby redbud.


Then, as I beat a hasty retreat back towards the coolness of my air-conditioned house, I spotted something that made me double-take:



This random weed at the edge of my porch is unmistakably a snapdragon.  In theory, I know where it came from--I had snapdragons in the planter box last year, so one must have self-seeded.  But how they managed to seed--and have one land right there and sprout--that just boggles me. 

I guess it's just one of life's random, happy little surprises. 

1 comment:

  1. How pretty! I'm having a 'random happy surprise' moment.

    ReplyDelete