Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Legend In His Own Mind

As I have said in "about me," I happen to be the parent-person of two felines. The younger of the two is Mr. Leo. He's posing for us below.



Is he not a totally cute cat-cat? Yes, yes he is.



He enjoys his food--rather too much, in fact--but he will tell you that he is merely "extra floofy". He also holds the firm belief that everything--and I do mean everything--is a cat toy. One of his favorite objects to appropriate is my work ID on its lanyard. This can be dragged along by the "neck", which he thinks is fun, because the Mighty Lion is then dragging his Helpless Prey back to its Den.

His other all-time favorite activity is being let out to play in the backyard. That's where he was in the last two pictures, but when not rolling around on the porch he might be hanging out beside the little redbuds next to the porch swing:




No outside play for him today, alas, due to cold and cloudy weather.  But by tomorrow there is a good chance it will be clearer, and the Doorkeeper might just let him out again.  It's a tough life he has. 

4 comments:

  1. Just read your tag line...I like it. Leo looks quite satisfied with himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. He knows he's good-looking. I'm glad you enjoyed his introduction.

      Delete
  2. But didn't you leave out one of his Best Tricks? Escape from Captivity! (Don't hide his light under a bush-el!)

    And what about his assignment as Enforcer of Neat Counters? (Crash, splinter, smash!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I did negledct to mention what an escape artist he is. And how he helps me keep a tidy house. How could I be so foolish? Of course, with his golden glow, a bush-el (haha) could harldy hide a kitty of such magnitude (in more ways than one...).

      Delete