Thursday, April 19, 2012

May Flowers...Just a Tiny Bit Early

Today's post will be picture-heavy and a little light on the written word, because much of my time this evening has been devoted to a garden project.  I have a very nice planter box on my back porch, so I picked up a few annuals and went to town, so to speak.  There were a lot of other people at the store as well, so we all apparently had the same idea on this absolutely gorgeous day.

So, here the poor planter box sits "before," all alone and empty:




After topping up the soil, it was time to get planting.  Lucky for me, I had some expert help:


My elder kitty, Sher-khan investigates.


As does my younger one, Leo



As we can see, an avid gardener!



 With such excellent assistance, the whole job naturally went very quickly.  Now we can sit back and enjoy the fruits of our labor:


After!


The flowers are all among my favorites: geraniums for the centerpiece, some spreading petunias near the edges, and a passel of bright marigolds to fill in the gaps.  The store did not yet have any snapdragons or portulaca in stock, both of which I also love, so I may have to make another trip in a week or two and pick up some of those to go around/between the irises in my flower beds.

I hope you, dear readers, also had a wonderful day to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Now just a bit of water....and you will get to enjoy these all summer long. I am looking forward to seeing them. So glad you did it!
    xoxo from your best fan :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always I am in awe of your green thumb. My own thumb remains somewhat yellowish....

    ReplyDelete